Harvard on Digital
Are you prepared for a
digital and data-driven world?
About Harvard on Digital
How can predictive analytics improve your business? What is your responsibility in protecting the privacy of your customers? Can big data be used to improve the lives of people in your community?
Simply having a digital plan of action today is no longer enough. Organizations, entrepreneurs, and leaders aspiring to succeed in today’s business world drive toward true digital transformation. Create value in digital worlds, harness the power of data, and align your goals for maximum success.
Harvard on Digital courses provide the frameworks and methodologies to turn data into insight, technologies into strategy, and opportunities into value and responsibility. These courses are curated to help you develop a data-first mindset, improve your digital strategic thinking, and learn how to navigate, manage, and lead in these environments. Build your confidence to provide practical data insights to improve analysis, communication, and decision-making at your organization.
Earn A Certificate of Specialization
The Harvard on Digital Certificate of Specialization offers learners a Learning Path to accelerate their professional development. Harvard Online Learning Paths provide unparalleled access to a faculty of experts who introduce cutting-edge solutions to current industry challenges using the methods you can only find at Harvard.
Participants can take courses that are part of the Harvard on Digital Learning Path in any order, but we suggest they begin by taking Data Science Principles—a code- and math-free introduction to prediction, causality, data wrangling, privacy, and ethics—then move on to complete any two of the courses listed above to gain deeper insights and expertise based on their professional needs.
Those who successfully complete three courses from the Harvard on Digital Learning Path within 18 months will earn a Certificate of Specialization, which can elevate professional standing and signify to employers a commitment to growth and lifelong learning.
In less than 18 months, learners will develop relationships with other rising leaders around the globe and cultivate skills they can immediately apply to advance their careers, strengthen their teams, and become changemakers within their organizations.
How To Get Started
Begin your Harvard on Digital Learning Path by applying for the next cohort of Data Science Principles or one of the other courses listed above.
Who Will Benefit
About the Faculty
Courses in the Harvard on Digital series represent the breadth and depth of Harvard University and its faculty. Learn from professors across disciplines—from Harvard Business School to the John F. Kennedy School of Government to the Harvard Graduate School of Design—and hear from experts in leading industries around the globe. Benefit from this wide-ranging expertise, studying topics from different points of view and with different categories of emphasis.
Harvard on Digital Courses in Development
Demonstrates the importance of the customer, product, and functional connections and how they create value. Participants will explore these connections through case studies featuring a variety of firms who have undergone successful digital transformation. Firms must learn to take advantage of network effects, handle both complements and competitors, and build business and operation models based on their own and their customers’ unique context.
- Understand why and how competing in a digital arena is different from traditional competition.
- Understand what it means to be truly customer-centric in a digital world.
- Recognize the scope and potential for new business models in the digital arena.
- Recognize and appreciate the barriers to effective digital change, the key success drivers, and how to overcome barriers.
- Understand some of the myths around digital success.
- Appreciate what contributes to business success and failure.
- Apply the learnings from this course to your own roles and businesses.
Offers different lenses through which to view how urbanization can be understood, facilitated, orchestrated, and organized in a human-centric and equitable way while leveraging cutting edge urban technologies and governance systems.
- Define what a smart city is.
- Understand the role of technology in the life of a city.
- Apply the lenses of ecologies and contexts to better understand how to leverage digital technologies.
- Analyze the role of data in determining and implementing smart city strategies.
- Understand the stakeholders involved in the work of smart cities and how they collaborate.
- Reflect on future challenges faced by cities and your own contexts and agency.